I know many of you are gearing up for the big holiday weekend! July 4th is probably my favorite holiday. My mom’s birthday is the fourth so my brothers and our families all spend the whole weekend at my parents lake house grilling, swimming, fireworks, and enjoying yummy patriotic dishes and desserts. This is one that is a HUGE hit! I mean who doesn’t love cake batter?
This Patriotic Cake Batter Dip is spectacular and easy to make!
8 oz brick of cream cheese at room temperature
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) at room temperature
1 1/2 cups Funfetti dry cake mix
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup patriotic jimmies (or any sprinkles will do!)
Serve with fruit, graham crackers, cookies, etc
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix (dry)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and butter. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until combined.
- 2. Add the cake mix and sugars. On medium speed, beat until well mixed.
- 3. Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape the cake mix mixture into a ball and place in the middle of the wrap.
- 4. Bring up all 4 corners of the wrap to form the ball tighter and cover completely. Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- 5. Pour the patriotic jimmies onto a shallow pan or plate. Unwrap the cake ball and roll it in the jimmies, covering it completely.
- 6. Transfer to serving dish and serve with your choice of vanilla wafers, graham crackers, animal crackers, fruit
Hope ya’ll enjoy it!