My husband got a promotion this week, and with his new job comes long hours away from home. That means my nights are full of getting homework done with my son, unpacking and repacking school lunch, bath time, reading time, and somewhere in between trying to figure out the question that comes up every night.. ‘What’s for dinner?’ (Hats off to you single parents, I don’t know how you do it!).
Whatever I choose to make it has to be frugal, quick, and tasty!
Tonight I made a Simple Chicken Pot Pie. I had this on the table in 40 minutes with little prep time, and ALL ingredients on sale this week! Just $7 bucks for everything!
HT Pie Crusts are on sale this week b1g1 ($2.99) $1.49
Perdue Chicken is buy one get one FREE this week including the frozen grilled strips (these are sooo awesome!) Only $3.49 after coupon here!
Ingredients (all on sale through 2/16)
1 Bag of Perdue Grilled Strips (or 1 1/2lb fresh chicken from the meat case at $1.99/lb.)
2 Cans HT Cream of Chicken Soup 80¢ each
1 bag of HT Steam Veggies b1g1 99¢ each this week
Here’s my little helper. Ain’t he cute?? 😉
- First saute chicken. It’s already cooked so you’re just heating it up.
- Cut the chicken into strips, add veggies, and cream of chicken.
- Make sure you thaw the shell, and then place the bottom in the pie dish. You’ll need a deep pie dish like this one here.
- Put in mixed ingredients.
- Place the top shell on top and pich the edges, and place small slits in the top so your pie can breathe.
- Bake on 425 for 25-35 minutes (or until golden brown and bubbly).
I served this with a quick side salad for the adults and the kids had the mandarin oranges just 20¢ this week.
Do you have a great meal recipe using Perdue? Be sure and enter Perdue’s Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Selfie Contest for a chance to win a $10,000 Kitchen Refresh!