Ya’ll I am SO happy that Red Lobster decided to sell their famous biscuits in a box mix! I don’t eat seafood.. of any kind. I’ve tried it all fish, crab, lobster, shrimp and as much as I want to like it, well the fact is I hate it all. I have a rule if it ever swam it’s to never be on my plate! Anyways opposites attract right? Well my husband loves seafood. When date night rolls around and Red Lobster is his choice I always get the Parmesan Crusted Chicken Alfredo and of course the biscuits!
Reader Ashley posted this Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe by Danielle over at Real House Moms and I couldn’t wait to use the mix on my own casserole! So here is a frugal twist on the Parmesan Crusted Chicken Alfredo. The best news is EVERYTHING is on sale this week at Harris Teeter!
So here’s my cost:
1.63/lb Boneless Chicken $1.99/lb = $3.63
Birds Eye Broccoli b1g1 this week $1.34 for one bag
Bertolli is buy 2 get 3 FREE this week cost for one jar after coupon 89¢
Red Lobster Biscuit Mix $1.00 after coupon here.
Butter FREE last week
This meal easily feeds 6 so roughly $1.14 a serving!
First I cut up and sautéed the chicken, and added in broccoli and Alfredo sauce in my favorite iron skillet. By the way if you don’t have one you need one!
Then I mixed the biscuit mix in a seperate bowl with water and cheese and set it aside. I added chicken and broccoli to a 9X13 dish and spooned the biscuit mix on top and popped it in the oven for 25 minutes.
It was a hit and super easy to make! Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit Mix
- 3/4 c. cold water
- 3/4 c. shredded cheddar
- 1.5 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 15oz alfredo sauce
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 14oz frozen broccoli
- Cube the chicken breast and sauté in a pan until done.
- Add frozen broccoli and alfredo sauce and saute until warm.
- In a separate bowl add water, biscuit mix and cheese.
- Place chicken and broccoli alfredo mix in a 9x13 pan.
- Spoon and spread biscuit mix over the top.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add melted butter and seasoning packet to a bowl
- Once baked brushed seasoned butter over the top.