When I’ve had a long day and my husband and I both look at each other and ask ‘What’s for Dinner?’ the answer is usually Chinese takeout.
When we order take out I prefer just a couple of egg rolls, so this is one of my favorite Asian Meals to make at home, and very frugal!
All the ingredients combined cost me less than $10.00 this week at Harris Teeter! Not only is this meal frugal and full of flavor, it can be done and on the table in less than 15 minutes cook time.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into thin strips.
- 4-5 carrots shredded
- 1lb ground pork ( you can also do ground chicken, sausage, or beef)
- 1 green onion
- House of Tsang Stir Fry Sauce
- Cut your cabbage into strips.
- Shred 4-5 carrots (I use a shredder with a box attached to catch the carrots)
- Cut 1-2 green onion
- Brown your ground pork on medium in oil, I used HT Traders Sesame Oil that I had on hand, but you can use regular cooking or olive oil, whatever you have on hand. Ground pork is often lean so it needs a little oil to cook.
- After the meat is done add your cabbage and saute until tender (usually five minutes).
- Add in carrots and saute for a few more minutes.
- Lastly, add in a little stir fry sauce. I really love the flavor of House of Tsang! Or you can use a little soy sauce. And throw the green onions on top.
That’s it! Serve in a bowl, and eat with a fork (or a pair of festive chopsticks if your feeling really authentic.)
I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine does.
Leave a Reply